Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Leftovers

As you know, I love to crochet, but I don't have a lot of good solutions for dealing with extra yarn. I have several large garbage size plastic bags filled with oddments that I hate to throw away. My solution is to make blankets with leftover yarn. I choose from two possible patterns: a rainbow ripple or a granny square. This time I chose to create 65 granny squares where no two are the same.

The easy part is crocheting the squares, what I'm doing now is "hard part one" which is blocking the squares so they are all the same size. This is a slow process as I can only do a few at a time.
When they are all blocked, I have one more row of "color" to put on the squares, (that's an easy job) then I'll sew them together (that's hard job two). A "normal" blanket takes me about 4-5 days to finish. This blanket will take about 4-5 months. When it is finished, it will be a color blast ... 
...similar to the one I made a couple of years ago. If you would like the new "masterpiece" let me know and I'll give it to you.  

No comments: