Tonight a four part series about Benjamin Franklin, compiled by director Ken Burns, aired on PBS. We are both admirers of Ben Franklin and we thought it might be interesting. We are not admirers of Ken Burns. His one great work was "The Civil War," but subsequent programs have been variations of a theme with slow-paced photographs/movies and a narrative.
Tonight I remember watching the first 20 or so minutes of the program thinking it was most interesting. There were pictures and modern day "cartoonesque" wood cuts along with a narrative, describing the early life of Ben. Then, I fell asleep. I woke up at some point to hear a droning voice in the background and saw the other DrC was asleep too. That's my commentary about the program. There are 4 episodes, which I will not view. Episode 1 was a great sleeping pill. Given the fact that Ken Burns does not change his format, (which I find boring) I'm guessing the next 3 episodes will be great sleep aides too. I rate it "1 star" as it's impossible to rate a program with zero stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment