Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Tale of Two Birds

As I was walking this morning, two birds caught my eye.
This vulture with outstretched wing was catching the warming rays of the morning sun. No matter how many times I see a vulture with it's wings open wide, I visualize the bird swooping down in attack mode. I've never seen a vulture swoop down to attack, but it's a big bird and anything could happen.
On the other end of the size scale is the hummingbird. These little guys were freeloading at the country store. They normally fly away as soon as someone walks up the path, but today, they were more hungry than "flighty." Unlike a vulture, I've seen hummingbirds attack. Their sharp beaks are nasty. And, the smaller the hummer, the feistier the bird! I did not stick around long enough to see if they were going to attack. I took the picture and ran. 


No comments: