Monday, December 12, 2016

James McLean

 
Meet James McLean (pronounced Mac-LANE)--a proud Scot who has lived in Grenada for 52 years! I met him as I was having a cup of coffee at a bagel shop in St. George. I had just completed a walk of the downtown area and I saw a wifi sign...so for 2 bucks Grenadian I bought some internet time and talked to this chap. He has a thick brogue, but I still managed to understand most of what he said. At 86, he had a lot of wisdom to relate. I asked him why he still had his Scottish brogue and he said he was "never going to lose it...I'm a Scot and proud of it!" Then I asked him why Scots are so stubborn and he told me "that's jus' the way Gad made us." I spent a delightful hour with this man listening to his stories. He is definitely a highlight of the cruise.
 
In case you are wondering...here's some money from Grenada. This is equivalent to US$3.00. One of the "fun" parts of travel is looking at money designs. This design is pretty straight forward except for the curvy edges on the coins.

No comments: