Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Dirty Dancing
A couple of weeks ago a local channel showed the original version of "Dirty Dancing" one night, and two nights later they showed the newest update of the movie. I saved both versions on my DVR and I watched them. First and foremost, I must state that I love the original movie. The music is great, the dancing is great, the characters work and the final dance scene is fantastic. I was hoping the remake would be as good. I'm sad to report that the remake is a waste of film.
The remake follows the same storyline, but the actors didn't fit their parts. Baby was too chubby; Johnny was too menacing; Dr. Houseman was not believable; Lisa was too cute; Mrs.Houseman ... I could go on and on. The casting was wrong. YouTube has a clip of the final dance scene. Please compare the two final dance scenes and make your own decision. As for me, if I get another chance to the remake of Dirty Dancing, I will skip it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment