Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Rare RV

As you might know, I have a recreational vehicle or RV. I like RVs. I like to look at them. I like to explore RV possibilities...and I really like to camp in RVs. Given that, I like to look at unusual RVs too. This weekend, I saw one of those rare and unusual RVs. Only 28 were made...and they were made between 2003 to 2006. You might wonder what it is...
...It’s an Airstream SkyDeck.
I’m sorry I did not see the sky deck in operation, but this is a 2 story motorhome. According to the description I found on the web ... 

The “Skydeck”, the industries only mobile marketing rooftop patio deck, is almost double the square footage of a motor coach for entertaining and leisure. The “Skydeck” simply opens in 30 seconds by pressing two switches, complete with cushioned seating for 15 people, automatic raising safety rails, a king size sun lounger, stereo, wet bar, coolers, and yacht umbrellas. (full length upper canopy available). The roof patio is accessed via an internal hardwood staircase from the main meeting room on the main floor.The “Skydeck” Corporate Business Coach Includes forward meeting/conference room for up to 10 guests, rear meeting room up 4-6, two side entry doors, serving galley, restroom with shower, plasma LCD monitors for presentation, satellite and internet hookups, DVD/CD surround sound system, PA system, etc. Truly, an elegant corporate hospitality experience for you and your guests.

I copied this from the web too...it’s the floorplan for both the upper deck and lower deck. To use the upper deck, you press two buttons and up it goes. But if you did not press the buttons, it was a perfectly functional quite ordinary motorhome.
Well...almost ordinary motorhome with a set of stairs in the living room. It’s a Party Barge. I’ve only seen one of the 28. If you should happen to see one of these rare RVs on the road, take a picture of it and send it to me.

 

 

 

No comments: