Yesterday I saw a strange "thing." It was an electric car charging at the local Walmart. We've spent several months in this town and NEVER have we seen one car charging at the "pump." Come to think of it, I've seen only a handful of electric cars getting a charge. Given there are some electric cars on the road, we should see them charging more often.
That's part one of the anomaly. The second part is the electric car was pulling a small travel trailer. Since electric cars have a relatively short driving radius, I have to wonder how wise it is to pull a power guzzling trailer behind an electric car especially since there are not charging stations on every corner?
The third part of the anomaly is the electric car is the darling of liberals. Camping is the darling of conservatives. This is a strange partnership. I know from experience there are no electric charging stations in campgrounds. SO I have to ask, what is the driver of an electric car, pulling a small camping trailer thinking about as they were filling up at Walmart? An interesting set of anomalies.
No comments:
Post a Comment