Friday, May 5, 2023

On the Road, Again...in our New Ride

At 10:37 we pulled away from our winter home and started the trek north to summer quarters. In a few days, the warm weather in the desert will become HOT, while there is  snow on the ground in the north.
 

To that end, our driveway was plowed out the other day so we can get to our home. From the pictures it looked like some places on the driveway were covered with 3 feet of snow. That means it's going to be cold too. We are ready.

The new truck is a honey to drive. As you might remember, we name our vehicles. The last truck was Vin Diesel, and this truck is Teddy. In case you are wondering, the Teddy name comes from the model truck, it is a Limited--see TED in the model name? Teddy is a sweet ride. He goes over mountains like they are flat and he flows down the road without a care in the world. To make matters even better, he gets 22 mpg, which is better than any truck we've ever had. The variable speed cruise control is fun to watch. I set the cruise control to 75 and when the traffic slowed, the truck slowed to match the traffic. We've not had that capability before, and it's something I got used to in about 5 minutes. The truck "communicates" with my iPhone via "CarPlay" so it has access to all my books. We listened to a Tony Hillerman book on the way north, and never had to change the  CD as we have done in other vehicles.The 12 inch display screen lights up with a bunch of information and in time, I'll be able to interpret all of it. Right now, I have learned the basics. The more I drive the truck, the more I will learn. So far, Teddy is a joy to drive and easy to ride in too.

Tomorrow we'll be at our other home. All is good.

No comments: