Sunday, December 22, 2024

Life in Geezerville: Christmas Music Edition

If you haven't been paying attention...Christmas is 3 days away. Where did 2024 go? How did it get to be Christmas so soon? I ask that question, but I know the answer. I've already delivered presents and there are a few more that I have to deliver. My Christmas cards were mailed 2 weeks ago. BUT, somehow, it's December 22 and I'm not quite ready for Christmas.

To get in the mood, we've been listening to Christmas music on the Telly. Our local PBS station seems to have an unending repertoire of Christmas choirs and ensembles and soloists. The best and brightest this year has been the Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City. The 2024 program might be their best yet. When that huge organ plays and the choir sings, I feel the spirit of Christmas down to my bones. If you've not seen it yet, look for it on your TV menu and record it on your DVR. But there are other musical programs too. We've listened to Sir Rutter and his choir and orchestra as well as the Concordia Navidad program and a few others. Gee...the music is incredible and if you are not quite in the spirit of Christmas now, these musical extravaganzas will help pave the way. We think Christmas music is some of the best music out there and this year there are a lot of home listening opportunities. I hope you get to listen and enjoy and feel the spirit too.  Remember, we're all in this together.

No comments: