We are now in the desert. It's HOT--hotter than any summer day in the mountains--and guess what? Our a/c quit the first night we were here. Lucky for us, our Geezerville neighbors saved the day--they knew who I needed to call, and the a/c was repaired the same day. How's that for service!
Today we are in for a storm. There are supposed to be high winds and rain. The desert can always use rain, so we are looking forward to it. The wind I could do without. One of my neighbors already warned me that I needed to take in outdoor furniture and pillows that might fly away. Since I don't have them out yet, I think all is ok?!
The drive from the mountains to the desert was long but not as tiring as it could be because my niece and I talked the whole time. Without planning we each drove about half of the distance. We left the mountains at 847 and arrived in the desert (after eating lunch and dinner and stopping along the way at 705 (we did cross a time zone from mountain to pacific time at the NV border.)
The house made it thru another summer, but the garden did not do as well. Our Christmas tree is looking pretty dry and some of the ground covering looks like it's been fried to a crisp. I need to talk to my gardener and find out what happened as it's not supposed to die when we are gone. Other than the a/c going out...the house did well.
It's good to be back in Geezerville...but that does not mean we will stay here--because we have a river cruise on the books. We are supposed to cruise on the Tennessee River, which is in the path of the current hurricane...AND there's supposed to be flash flooding in my neck of the woods...so it might be hard to get there and if we do, there might be a messy river. As of today, the cruise company says the cruise is a go! Remember, we're all in this together.
No comments:
Post a Comment