Monday, April 1, 2019

It’s Green Outside

It has been a very rainy spring. So rainy in fact that the grasses and meadow foam are growing at breakneck speed. Meadow foam is a collective for the pretty yellow flowers that are popping up in all the empty fields. This year there seems to be more. In November, after the fire, the fields were black.
Scientists who studied the fire were concerned that the blaze was so hot, it had sterilized the soil and it would take years for vegetation to grow back. Well, they were wrong!

The fields are green and yellow and more verdant than they have been in years. Apparently the fire rejuvenated the soil. 
The deer are liking the new greenery too.

1 comment:

Jimi said...

Hi Dr. C! It's Jimi. I'm thankful that everything was ok for you after the Camp Fire. I never thought that you were so close. However, I'm glad you are safe and sound. I'm also glad to see that you're still cruzing! Keep up the good fight!

~Jimi