Monday, July 29, 2024

Life in Geezerville: Never Give Up Edition

 

There's this barn sitting in an open field that is NOT going to fall down any time soon. I've been tracking this barn for several years and while it looks rickety and broken down, it is still standing. I think of it as a beacon of hope. It's not giving up any time soon. 

This barn has survived countless storms, thousands of inches of snow (albeit not at the same time), critters, people, who knows what else, and it's still there. It is still nailing down a small piece of real estate with the best of them. All it does is stand in the field--baking in the sunshine or freezing in the snow. As the wood gets more weathered and wobbly; as the roof gets more stove-in, the barn stands. Is there a better testament to "hanging in there?"

There are times when I feel like this old barn. Some days I creak and limp and complain--then I think of this barn. If the barn is still standing--heck I can stand too. I think "be like the barn" and I'm whole and strong (at least on the inside) and I'm ready for another day. 

So, when you feel like your shingles are sliding off, your floorboards are rotten, your roof is caving in; when your windows are broken, and the dust is the only thing that is holding you up...think of the barn...be one with the barn. It's still there, standing in its glory. Remember, we're all in this together.



No comments: