Wednesday, January 8, 2025

Life in Geezerville: Pocket Princess Edition


I've been crocheting little dollies for a few months now. Each one is a bit different, even though they are made the same way. The other day, I was talking to my neighbor JoAnn, and she showed me a critter that she had purchased that had a story....and I started thinking, why not create stories for my little dollies. To that end, I renamed the dollies "Pocket Princesses" because they all fit inside a pocket and every little dolly wants to be a treated like a Princess. Below is the story for my latest dolly, who I named Bethany Blue. Please tell me what you think about Pocket Princesses.

Meet Bethany Blue

Hi, I'm Bethany Blue. I'm a Pocket Princess because I want to live in your pocket and I want to be treated like a Princess. Right now, I'm only a make-believe Princess, but if you love me, I'll become a real Princess just for you. 


I like to do a lot of things, as long as I'm in your pocket, keeping you company. If you like to walk along a beach, I like to walk along the beach. If you like to travel to faraway places, I like to travel too. Just put me in your pocket and let's have some fun together. Let's have an adventure.


I have one magical power. I keep secrets. I'm the best secret keeper in the world. You can tell me anything and I promise, I will never tell anyone else. Your secrets are safe forever and ever. 


You might have noticed that I'm blue. My body is blue, my hair is blue, my dress is blue, my bloomers are blue--even my hat is blue. I like blue. I'm so happy I'm blue, because blue is the prettiest color of them all. Now, put me in your pocket and let's have an adventure. I'm ready, are you?


So, that's my newest outlet for escape. Should I continue down this path? I like to write. I like to crochet. Why not put the two skills together? The creative process is fun. It keeps me engaged with the world of whimsy. When there's so much "stuff" going on in the outside world, I feel we all need a bit of whimsy to keep us "grounded" and protected from the slings and arrows of reality. To that end, why not gardening? Why not escaping to a work of fiction? Why not a Pocket Princess? I know we all need a time/place/space where we can get away for "it all" if only for a few minutes. What is yours?  Remember, we're all in this together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Eileen . So true & well done.

Anonymous said...

I love it…we all need a little whimsy. And someone to keep our secrets.