Sunday, December 7, 2025

Life in Geezerville: Girlz in the 'Hood Edition


Yesterday, the girlz had a party--no boyz allowed. We had an ornament exchange. The idea is simple, and that added to the fun. First off, we had to buy or make a Christmastree ornament that was special and unique. I searched for the "right"  ornament and so did the others. I didn't want something that was bland or ordinary--it had to be special. I finally found the ornament that "spoke" to me--a clear crystal that looked like a 1000 caret diamond. Clear, shiny, and beautiful--I found my ornament. 

The other girlz did the same finding special holiday creations to decorate a tree. Each ornament was wrapped and on Saturday morning we brought them to Maria's house. Her coffee table was filled with pretty bags, plain bags, decorated boxes and pouches. The idea being to "fox" people into thing a plain bag held something more special than a fancy sequined pouch...it's all part of the deception. We talked, sipped champagne or mimosas, had sweet goodies to nibble on and had a grand time. All too soon, we were asked to draw a number out of a box. I drew number 4. That meant, when it was my turn, I could either pick a new package that had not been opened before or I could "steal" one of the ornaments that had already been opened. 

I chose a new package  and unwrapped a beautiful creation that looked like a 3 dimensional Christmas star. What a gorgeous ornament. Because I liked the ornament a lot I put it back in the box hoping the girlz  would forget about it and not take it from me. Alas, that did not happen. A few numbers later someone asked for my star. Then I got another chance to draw or steal. I was not allowed to steal my star back, so I opened another package. This time I opened up the cutest funkiest snowman ever. I loved him too...but tried not to get too attached, as he could be raided by someone else. The exchange got heated as we opened and raided other ornaments. We laughed a lot.

The drawing continued until we all had an ornament. The girlz had found a collection of the most unique ornaments ever. The party was about to end so we hugged each other goodbye before walking home. What a neighborhood! We are lucky folks to have such a vibrant, caring community. Does it get any better? I don't think so. Tomorrow, I'll give out my "stockings stuffers" to the folks in the 'hood to add to the seasonal cheer. It's a fun thing to do. I hope you and yours have started the Christmas season with a bit of Holiday Cheer too. Remember we're all in this together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun and I am glad you wrote about it. I am looking forward to next year. We live in a fabulous hood.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely & ridiculously wonderful to walk & play in “hood” such as yours.