The other day a new Costco opened nearby. On Sunday we took a drive to see it. Sure enough--a brand new BIG Costco. When we arrived at the front door there were 3 electric carts waiting for us...we gladly took possession of 2 of them. For the next hour or more we rolled up and down the wide aisles and took in what this new store has to offer. It was fun in so many different ways. First and foremost--I was inside the store. I've not been to a store in a quite awhile as I don't have the energy to do so. Yesterday, we rolled up and down the aisles and had a blast. Thank goodness for electric carts as they made that little miracle happen. YAY.
Costco was too crowded to have roller car races (we did that one time at the Santa Maria Costco) but we saw and I conquered. We left the giant warehouse and bought fuel and then we continued to our next destination. I was tired...and happy at what I had accomplished. At the second stop, I stayed in the truck while the other DrC went inside. At the third stop, we went to lunch.
Lunch perked me up a bit and then we had to get home...and that's the second surprise of the day--the other DrC drove. He's not driven much in the last couple of years but yesterday he drove the 40+ miles home. We accomplished 2 milestones yesterday. I went to a store and he drove. Hooray.
That might not sound like a big deal, but for us, right now, that's BIG. Ever so slowly, I'm getting back to normal. The eye doctor thinks I might have a TIA in my eye. He said that it will take time. I need to be patient and grant myself the gift of time. I'm trying--it's hard. Remember, we're all in this together.
No comments:
Post a Comment