Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Old Jeans Anyone

During the summer I've been collecting old jeans. I've been asking everyone I know if they any jeans they want to throw away if they would give them to me. Right now I have 12 pairs of jeans and they are on the "chopping block." I'm making aprons from the fabric. One pair of jeans will make 2 "average" size aprons. 

This is the first one I made. Since then I've looked at countless videos on YouTube. (BTW, YouTube is a vast "how to" knowledge base) I've discovered there are many patterns, so of course I took the best of all the patterns and developed my own. This week I plan to make a bunch of Christmas presents...here are the first three
These three will go to a Grandma, Daughter and Granddaughter, Jeans aprons are VERY sturdy and durable. The fabric is still tough, even though the jeans are no longer as pretty as they were when they were new. In addition, they are extremely washable and require no ironing, which makes them just about the perfect apron. Please, if you have any old jeans, send them to me, and I'll make you an apron. The biggest treat of all -- I can see well enough to sew! My eyes are healing.





No comments: