It's Debbie's fault! One day she asked me "if I could do one new thing, what would it be?" And I answered "I'd love to paint rocks." SO I started to collect rocks for painting. I carefully washed them, evened out their rough edges, bought some acrylic paints and markers...and started working on a "quiet" hobby that would keep me amused and busy for my 5 weeks of not doing anything that will upset my healing eyes.
I've discovered that rock painting is lots of fun. I've also discovered that I have zip talent. I'm not an artist. I've not been blessed with the ability to create anything that looks like a anything in nature. I've looked at at least a million Pinterest sites that show how "easy it is to paint rocks." I've seen videos of people painting beautiful butterflies and cute cats and dogs, but alas, those designs seem to morph into something unrecognizable when I try to copy them. I found I'm really good at dots. I can make random dots on a painted rock ... but not much else. It is keeping me quiet and I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with color...but I'm never going to be the Michelangelo of rock painters.

No comments:
Post a Comment