There are many "rites of passage" such as graduating from high school and college, getting married, rearing a family. A "new" rite of passage is cataract surgery. When you get to a "certain age" (somewhere in your 70s) it's more or less expected that you will develop eye cataracts and they will need to be removed. On Wednesday, I joined that group and I had the cataract in my left eye removed. In 2 weeks, the right eye will have the same procedure. The upside is I will be able to see a lot better. The downside is I have to stay quiet for 5 weeks. I find it very difficult to remain quiet for 10 minutes let alone 5 weeks!
I need to wear an eyepatch at night, I cannot get my eye wet, I cannot life anything heavy or do anything that will put a strain on my eye, and I have a routine of special eye drops that needs to be administered 3 times a day. So far, all is going to plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment