Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Life in Geezerville: Fawn Edition

This morning I was treated to a rare sight...a brand new fawn. Mama came out of the forest as usual, but today she came out with a tiny addition..her fawn. The little fawn is less than two feet tall..and very shy. Still, there's a fawn hiding in the forest and now that I know it's  there, I will be looking for it from now on. BTW I took this picture from my screened porch...that's why it's not as clear as my other pictures.  Maybe tomorrow I will see the baby without the screens in the way. It's a good day to have a fawn in the forest.  On another note, a white bison was born in Yellowstone on June 4. The Lakota say a white bison with black eyes, nose and hooves is a sacred animal.  I have not seen the white bison baby yet, but I will try to find it later in the summer.

No comments: