Sunday, September 22, 2024
Cruisin' Down the River
When I was two, my uncle made a recording of me singing "Cruisin' down the riber." Today I thought of that song, as we cruised down the Mississippi River. We had a "river" day--aka, no stops along the river. We looked at the scenery go by. It was so relaxing I did not even take any pictures. We saw barges push their way up and down river. Trains sped by on the tracks that line the river. Pleasure boats were playing on the river. We went thru a few locks too.
We were not completely inert as we learned more about the cruises that American Cruise Lines offers--and we bought a Columbia River cruise for next May. We will learn more about the Lewis and Clark Voyage of Discovery, which is one of my favorite topics.
I went to a Mark Twain lecture. I talked to fellow pax. I listened to a book. I watched the river go by. It was a great day for cruisin' down the river. We like "sea days" on the big ships and today we found out we like "river days' too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment