Thursday, September 19, 2024
Morning on the River
I got up early to see why everthing was so quiet and why the ship was not moving...only to find out that we are docked in LaCrosse WI. After a quick shower I went to the Sky Lounge (which is only 10 feet from our room) and had a wonderful breakfast of fresh yogurt with granola and some type of berry preserve, a fresh banana muffin and 2 cups of coffee. Next I walked outside and breathed in the cool morning air and came back inside. It was 7 AM and not too many folks were stirring on the ship. There were only 4 people in the lounge, all of us awake but not really ready to interact with each other. It was funny--we each took a corner table and drank our coffee knowing that talking to each other was not going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I know we were not being anti-social, we were just comtemplating the day. Then, after sitting silently for a whole cuppa, we all waved to each other and walked to another table, where we had a little talk. We each needed some coffee to get started.
There are 164 pax on the riverboat. I don't know how many crew, but there are a lot. Service is excellent. So far, the food is good and they seem to be able to accommodate any type of diet. I filled out my daily menu, while in the Lounge, and my server did not seem to think that a low sodium diet was all that unusual. She said there are a lot of lo-so folks. I know from past sailing experience, lo-so diets are alive and well, and the ships can and will prepare food to meet our needs.
Today we have a lazy excursion--it starts at 2PM. Until then, we'll discover more about the American Serenade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am enjoying seeing your pictures and run down of your day on the river. It looks like your weather is wonderful. We are finally getting cooler weather. Very pleasant. Jose finish my closet and I have been putting stuff away. What a relief to find a place to put sheets, towels, etc. enjoy your day and have a wonderful time. Hugs Karen
Post a Comment