We made it to our destination, Portland, early. The flight from our little 3-gate regional airport (I was told it was a 1 gate airport but there are 3--and TSA was working and there were NO delays) was perfect. Our tiny airport was efficient and nice. We were told to arrive 2 hours before our flight time, but we did not need to. There were NO waiting in lines and the TSA Pre-check worked without a problem. We boarded on time and flew to SLC. Again, no problems there. Last flight was to Portland and again, no problems. Upon landing, we were greeted by personnel from American Cruise Lines, our favorite domestic river cruise company, and taken directly to the shuttle to Embassy Suites. All worked like clockwork. I might never fly out of Las Vegas again where the hassle is great; the distance is far and the parking is ridiculously expensive. The regional airport has $7.00/day parking and I got a space right in front of the doors. It hardly gets any better!
The flights were uneventful...the way we like them. I saw Zootopia 2 on the flight to Portland which was a fun diversion and it ended right before we landed--so it had perfect timing. As we were getting ready to land I looked out the window and saw 3 volcanoes. Two were perfect "Fuji" type cones but the third was not--the third was Mt. St. Helens which of course blew her top in 1980. The other two were Mt. Hood and Mt, Rainier (in Washington) I think. I've asked several locals what the names of the 3 volcanoes were outside of Portland and NO ONE knew all three. There was agreement on Hood and St. Helens...but a big question mark as to the third. The Internet has not been much help either. SO if you know the names of the 3 volcanoes outside of Portland, please tell me.
So far the trip is going well. It's fun to be on "vacation." I don't have to worry about anything as it will all be done for us. The next few days are going to be very relaxing cruising up the river to Clarkston, WA.
Tomorrow starts early with our luggage collected at 7 AM. We go to breakfast at the hotel and at 9 we have an excursion to Multnomah Falls before we board the boat in Stevenson, WA. We are ready! Nighty-night.
1 comment:
Thanks Eileen! Many memories of times in The Columbia Gorge between Portland, OR and Lewiston, ID along both sides of the Mighty Columbia River both up and down. Hiking MultnomaFalls & others, steps of Lewis & Clark, watching kite boarders, riding the Christmas Polar Express Train, visiting orchards summer events, backpacking, Mini auto events, camping, wine-tasting, museum visits, an overnight jet boat up the Snake River from Lewiston, & oh so much more, including the famous Mt St Helen, Mt Rainer, Mt Adam’s on the Washington side and Mt Hood in Oregon. So much to see and hear about. Hope a restful but invigorating & interestingly informative cruise on American.
Post a Comment