About a month ago I was released from the hospital as limp as an old wet dishrag with absolutely no energy. The bleeding from the ulcer had stopped; I had received 2 units of blood; and I was on the mend. I asked how long it would take to get back to normal and no one had an answer. A month later, I'm not back to normal and no one has an answer as to when that will happen.
There is good news. I can get around on both the wheelchair and the walker, and I can even take a few steps on my own without assistance. I'm not sleeping all the time. Yesterday, we took an outing to St.George and we went to a restaurant for dinner. YAY. I thought I was going to be very tired today, and I'm not. Another YAY! I'm on the mend.
Many, many kudos go to the other DrC who has done yeoman work 24/7. He's there to help me with whatever I throw at him. He's chief cook and bottle washer, laundry man, errand runner, and general good guy to have around. It's not what we had planned when we moved into our new home, but it's what we got. We are making the best of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment