Since I last wrote, I'm happy to report that I'm making slow and steady progress. Soon, I'll be walking on my own...right now I'm walking with assistance. Thanks to the nice folks at the local rehab clinic, I've been loaned a wheelchair, a walker, and a strange "set of bicycle pedals" all aimed at helping me get on my feet. I've learned how to maneuver the wheelchair like a champ. I can roll down our hallways and into our rooms, no problem. The problem comes when I walk. Walking behind the wheelchair is one ploy I use. If I get tired, I can sit down. The same with the walker. The goal is to walk without assistance. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be there by the end of the month. That will be my Christmas present to myself. To that end, I've been trying to walk more steps everyday. It's slow and frustrating, but I will be walking as soon as I have the strength to do so.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your latest! We’ll get a note off to you later.. The boxes will be there so don’t overdo it. Love, R & R
Post a Comment