Yesterday my friend Judy gave me 2 huge zucchinis. Today, the other DrC processed them and I made 1 batch of zucchini muffins and froze enough zucchini for 3 more batches. That means I have some magical muffin makings in my freezer now.
I use a recipe that I found online and then modified it a bit. To make these delicious zucchini muffins measure and combine14 oz of all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder in a medium sized bowl. In a larger bowl add 3 large eggs, 14 oz of granulated sugar, 2 sticks of cooled melted butter and 2 cups of chopped zucchini. Mix all the wet ingredients (sugar is considered a wet ingredient) together then add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Generously spray 2 muffin pans with vegetable oil and divide the batter as evenly as possible into the muffin pans.
You have a treat in store--2 dozen homemade muffins ready to eat or freeze.
That's what I did today. Now you can do it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment