We are back in Geezerville. I know we are back because of at least two things. The desert is still hot; and the geezers are driving like --well-- geezers. Upon arriving into town I pulled behind a geezer who was driving on the right hand side of the street, going 10 miles slower than the posted speed limit with the right turn signal blinking away (no problem yet I think, he's going to make a right turn) BUT, he swerves in front of me and makes a LEFT turn. Yep, I'm back in Geezerville. Welcome back! I love the geezers in Geezerville but their driving is very different from the rest of the world.
Up north, folks drive at the posted speed limit or maybe a bit more. They tend to use the correct turn signals and they tend to pay attention to their surroundings. You cannot make that assumption in Geezerville. Here, people are “old” and I think that means they feel entitled to do what they want when they want. It will take me a couple of weeks to get into Geezerville-mode and I’ll start doing the same thing. Heck—I’m one of the geezers in Geezerville.
As I write this, we are getting ready to go on an ocean cruise. If the internet works on the ship, I’ll post what we are doing. I’m just giving you a heads-up that there might not be reliable service on the ocean blue. Until we leave, I’ll try to post about life in Geezerville. Remember, we’re all in this together.
No comments:
Post a Comment