We finally left Seattle at 11 PM, about 6 hours later than planned. It appears they needed to load a lot of food and drink aboard as supplies were running low. They also needed to bunker--that's cruise talk for getting fuel. These things always take more time than what is allotted. At first, the ocean was calm, but the Pacific is calm by the shore. The rocking and rolling starts a few hours later. As I write this, the Pacific Ocean needs to be repaved as there are a lot of potholes evident. If you look at the pool picture, it's a mirror of what the ocean is doing. White caps on the pool are never a good thing. They have closed the cover on the pool end of the Lido Deck as it's too cold and rainy to be "out there" without the cover to protect us. Don't worry, all is good. We just came from welcome party on that end of the Lido Deck, and the liquor was disappearing at an amazing rate!
Today was my first dip (for this cruise) in the hydrotherapy pool. What a pool! It's warm, jetted, private, and absolutely wonderful. They recommend a 15 minute stay which I thought was bogus, but after 15 minutes I started to feel like well-cooked spaghetti, so I tried some of the other delights at the spa. I think I'm in love. Tomorrow, I'm getting acupuncture...what a treat.
By the time that was done it was time to eat...so the 4 of us had lunch...then Karen and I went to a beginner crochet class. I thought it would be more of a chat session with other crocheters, but it was a real class for beginners. I ended up showing the lady who sat next to me how to make an angel and a cross, as she was not a beginner either. It was interesting but not what I was looking for.
After class, I went downstairs to collect the other DrC and have cookies and soda..any good Hobbit knows you have to have three-sies. Then a brief run to the room to get ready for dinner. I'm honestly not trying to eat my way across the Pacific, but it might seem like that. After dinner we went to that "private, invitation only" cocktail party. Turns out, there are a lot of other 4-star cruisers like us.
All is good even if the ocean is a bit choppy. That's par for the course. As we get closer to Hawaii, the ocean will calm down. One time we traveled this stretch of ocean where there was not a ripple in the water after the initial day and a half of roughness. It will get better. I hope all of you are enjoying yourselves too...Remember, we're all in this together.
One of 4 Caryatids holding up the ceiling on Deck 10 forward.


No comments:
Post a Comment