Sunday, November 9, 2025

Crocheting Geezer

In case you're wondering, I'm still crocheting. I only had 1 pumpkin from last year, so I decided to make some more--but alas, I still only have one pumpkin as I've given a dozen or so away. My little pumpkin is going to be a loner for another year. I did make another lion. I know I said there would not be many lions as they take about 20 hours to create, but a friend wanted a lion, so Roary came to life. Isn't he a cutie pie?

Then a friend asked if I would make an elephant for her two year old. I finished Peppermint the Elephant this evening. He's really cute and all of his parts and pieces are firmly sewn in place, as I want the critter safe for a little one.
My next project is a Christmas tree that I'm copying from one that is already made. I was figuring out the pattern tonight and when I finish it, I'll post it here (if it looks good). I need to keep my mind and fingers moving, and creating critters helps that process. If you'd like a critter, just ask. I love making them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore that lion! He just gets cuter every time. Have you thought about a monkey or a sloth, those are both very popular and I think little kids would love them both.

I still have my little critter that you gave me there in Canyon, riding shotgun in my car. Everyone who gets in the car has to hold it for a little bit. It is much loved.

What about an angel for Christmas to go with your trees?

I was at Abigail and Pedro‘s last night, getting my Grammy fix with Aiden and she was crocheting. She’s working on a blanket.

I have English muffin dough rising overnight so I can make him a big batch of apple pie muffins. He loves them, so of course I’m going to keep him in stock. ♥️

You crochet. I bake. It’s how we show our love….

Anonymous said...

Rotary &Peppermint r cute as can be. Wes called his Purple Elephant just that, “Purple Elephant”. Would Ride in car quite a while, sit in kitchen helping or watching microwave cook, last near rocking chair where he rocked watched tv & once in a while ate with tv news or shows while gPE straddled cross legs of tv tray table. Now that I’m afterschool trans driver think PE & Hedgie or Heggie as Evan calls her might each enjoy being squeezed,carried, just riding in Jeep around town, through neighborhoods & groc shopping. Oh I’d enjoy a new Baby Elephant

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry I accidentally put a letter T in Roary’s name. Hope it wasn’t noticed. Evan looked at Peppermint & said “oooh I’d like an elephant just like Peppermint’s size coloring.”

Anonymous said...

So Gourgeos, you are a really artist and a wonderful writer. God bless your heart 💕💕💕💕