This HUGE piece of public art by Paul Day is located at St. Pancras Station in London. It's about 9 meters tall and weighs 20 tons, and it's dwarfed by the size of the station. The work is either loved or hated, as it has had mixed reviews since it was placed in the station in 2007. We liked it, except for the eyes...they are not right.
What do you think?
The statue stands atop a plinth that depicts train and underground travel in a series of high relief friezes. I've been trying to find exactly what the friezes depict, but I've not found a good explanation yet. I did take a picture of each of them.
I like this one the best. Even in a welcome embrace, she has to check her messages! We've come too far I believe when we take messages over the real thing. The only thing that would make this "worse" would be the fellow checking his phone too! But, take a look at his eyes...is he "in the moment?"









No comments:
Post a Comment