The morning started with calm seas...not a whitecap to be seen (except where our ship was plying through the water). Who knew that a huge political race was going to end today--it looked "normal." But then, what exactly is "normal?" The votes have been counted and it looks like we have a change on the way. Maybe just maybe the back-biting, negativity and the rest of the ugly-ness will stop and we can get back to being a nation working for the same thing. That's what I'm hoping will happen. I'll say it again, my blog is not political, but I'm not oblivious to what is going on in the world. To find an analysis of the election from the other DrC, please go to his blog.
Tomorrow we make landfall on a tiny piece of land called Samoa. We even have a tour of Samoa, so we plan to turn in early in order to meet with our group at 830 in the World Theatre. That's early for us even when we are not on a cruise, and it's super early for us when we are. We'll make it. I've ordered breakfast for 7 AM. Samoa is my 141st country...but for it to count, I have to step foot on it. A few years ago, I went to San Marino, but the other DrC did not...so it only counted for me. When I was a little girl I wanted to visit all 7 continents, and I never thought that would happen...but it did. Somewhere along the way, I thought it might be possible to set foot on 100 countries, and that has happened too. As you know, we've visited all 50 states in the USA. There are more things on my bucket list, visiting 150 countries, or a camera safari in Africa, or a pole-to-pole world cruise (not an around the equator WC); sunny days and peaceful nights. So far so good.


No comments:
Post a Comment