This picture personifies "sea days." You can sit back and relax and enjoy the cruise on a sea day. And, on this sea day, the water was quiet and we were slowly moving forward at 10-12 knots. That's not very fast. I think the Captain is going slow because New Caledonia is not far from Fiji.
I finished the baby blanket I've been working on for several days. It seems to take longer to finish something on the ship as there are always fun folks to talk to--so I've been doing more talking than crocheting. I shared this blanket to our table-mates, and they all liked it. Right now, it does not have a home, but I'll figure out a person to give it to before we leave for home. It already has the official teddy bear seal of approval, as Silky liked it too.
Today we had a couple of lectures we wanted to attend--but forgot. Then we were going to get involved in a scavenger hunt, but we forgot that too. That's the problem with sea days. They are fun without any special activities. We listened to our books; read the news; talked; I crocheted...and of course we ate a little bit too. We were not complete piggies today, as we skipped the fancy brunch that was being served between 10 and 11:30. We had our "normal" smaller lunch, as we don't need anymore big meals at this stage of the cruise.
We have another sea day tomorrow. I hope it's as pleasant as today's was. This picture of the bow of our ship, shows how calm the water is. This is the sea we wanted when we sailed out of Seattle. We've had quiet seas for a few days now. Quiet sea days are the best. Next time, maybe you can sail with us and enjoy a quiet day at sea too.



No comments:
Post a Comment